Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A Few Random Updates

Well, I haven't heard too much in "new" stuff to share, but I have a few things, so here we go!

First up, some updates on Stillbroke! According to their Facebook page, their upcoming EP is all finished! It was recorded at Stereo Soul Studios, but it has been sent away for mastering. Knowing their talent, this EP should turn out excellent! Remember to go check them out on Monday, when they support Marianas Trench at The Canadian! As of this weekend, there were less than 100 tickets still available for this show, so snap them up while you still can! Visit the Facebook event page for more details!

Next up, Sault Ontario natives Lion Ride have scheduled a few more shows in Southern Ontario! These punk/glam rockers will hit The Bovine Sex Club in Toronto on July 3rd, with Toronto punk band CJ Sleez! The next day, they will head to Moonstone, Ontario as part of the lineup for Moonstock, which is a yearly cancer benefit held there! Following that, they'll be playing in Peterborough on July 11th for an outdoor festival. In my searching, it seems likely that they're playing at this year's Peterborough Summer Festival of Lights, but they aren't mentioned on the site, so I don't know for sure. I'll list the show that way, but if I'm wrong, let me know! Best of luck to Lion Ride on these shows!

Now, I'll let you guys know about a couple of new discoveries I made today. First off, I'll talk about Sault Michigan's own Angels of Suffering. I don't talk about this band too much on here cause I don't usually hear a lot from them. However, when I was crawling around MySpace, I came to their page. And wouldn't you know it, they posted an original song on their music player, called "Lie In Hate"! And I'll tell you what, it's good. Damn good! It reminds me of Hatebreed a bit! Check it out on their official MySpace page! I hope to hear more from these guys real soon!

As well, I wanna direct you guys to a man named Tym Morrison. Tym's a native Saultite and metal guitarist, now based in Calgary. He used to play in a few local bands, and past bands of his have opened for Dio and Alice Cooper, among others. He has over 30 original solo songs on his official website, and they're all pretty good! As well, it features a biography, photos, links, and even a forum and guestbook! Hell, he even has a solo CD which you can purchase online on CD Baby!

I was aware of Tym's work previously (his PureVolume page has been in the Local Metal Band Links since the blog started), but I didn't know about his site until yesterday. It's well put together and comprehensive, but it hasn't been updated since last year. Aside from that, his songs are great, he's an excellent guitarist, and I recommend you check him out! And I updated the Local Metal Band Links to redirect to his site now too! (Oh yeah, he also has a MySpace page!)

So that's my little news update for today, I will have more in the coming days, including previews for this weekend's full slate of Sault Michigan shows and Monday's Stillbroke concert! And as well, expect the APE CD review very soon as well! And if you're going to see Sense of Truth or Today I Caught The Plague tomorrow night, let us know! Thanks everyone!

No comments: