Monday, September 28, 2009

LOCAL CONCERT ALERT (Three Days Grace Are Coming Back!!!)

Well guys, I have a HUGE LOCAL CONCERT ALERT! Here's what I know so far!

Canadian alternative hard rockers Three Days Grace are coming back to The Essar Center! They will be there on December 8th for a stop on their upcoming Canadian tour! Support will come from Utah pop-punk band The Used and fellow Canadian rockers Default! I'd only really refer to Three Days Grace in "metal terms" on here, but I know there's fans of The Used and Default who check the SMS out too, so this should be even better news for you guys! Of course, you'll probably best know Three Days Grace from hits like "Animal I Have Become", "Just Like You", and "Pain", among many others! Tickets for this show will range from $39.50-$44.50 (not bad) and will go on sale THIS SATURDAY. You can of course stand in line for tickets at The Essar Center's box office, or you can get tickets by calling 1-866-775-9422 or online through LiveNation or The Essar Center's official website!

Now, before someone's like "OMG ROB 3DG ARENT METAL WTF SELLOUT", let me clear the air. I know a lot of you may debate Three Days Grace as being metal, or even hard rock, but again, I'm not exclusionary of anything you could call "metal", and multiple sites do indeed refer to 3DG as a metal band. I'm not playing favourites, and in the general "metal" range I use for bands I talk about, I intentionally keep it loose so bands that could be defined as metal or metal-influenced will get coverage. This way, everyone's happy and nothing's left out. Three Days Grace, at the very least, have a metal influence. They're not emo either. And, I covered their first show on the old Facebook group, why play favourites now?

It may be a bit out of character for me, but I've always been a fan of Three Days Grace, and I believe I'll get a ticket for this show! After all, I did see them the last time they were here! As most of you are aware, they played here way back on January 24th, 2007, with Seether and Econoline Crush! Fun show, it was especially cool seeing Adam from 3DG and Shaun from Seether do some duets! And aside from the highly underrated Jackyl concert in May 2007, there's been no major metal shows since then at The Essar Center. But that all shall change in December! As a bit of a preview, here's a video clip of 3DG playing the song "Home" from that show! (All credit to YouTube user Oshkabewisens1984 for the upload!)



So that's all I had to say this morning. It's a big show, after all, it deserved some good coverage! And with Kiss coming next year, things are looking up finally for hard rock and metal at The Essar Centre! Stay tuned for more details on this show as I hear them! Thanks everyone, enjoy your Monday!

No comments: