Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Another New Local Band, I.S.O.M. Updates, Our Kiss Live CD, And More!!!

Well guys, I have a cold, but that won't stop me from sending you more metal news! I have another newly discovered local band to share with you guys to start with, plus a pile of other updates, so here we go!

Now you guys should know that I generally don't post a local band on the SMS unless they have enough posted information on their page to warrant it. No shells, there's gotta be some substance. And on first glance, you'd think this band, named Metallurgy, wouldn't count. No bio information, no listed band members, one photo, and barely any signs of life (the account was both created and last updated on the same day, April 22, 2008.) But, there's one major reason to give Metallurgy their due: They posted original material! There's a general intro to a song, and an instrumental final version of that intro. I love the bass line, the guitar's good too! Solid stuff overall, but it makes you wonder, what happened to Metallurgy? Anyone know anything about Metallurgy and their members? E-mail me at robfigures@hotmail.com if you have do! In the meantime, check out Metallurgy at their official MySpace page!

Next up, good news for you Sault Michigan metalheads: Integrated System of Machines are alive and well! Keyboardist Craig Harrison e-mailed me the other day and told me what's been up with the band in the last few months. As it turns out, singer Orb Hearthstone (now of In Memorandum) has been kicked out. That sucks, I love Orb's vocals, but at least we have In Memorandum, who definitely sound solid! As well, their MySpace page hasn't been updated since July because it was hacked, but they're working on fixing that! He also shared some possible plans to re-release their first album, "Apocalyptic Vision", but I'll keep that secret for now. Well, it's great to hear that I.S.O.M. are still alive, I was worried for a bit that they broke up! Here's hoping they get a great new singer and will be back playing shows real soon!

Good news, I can now confirm that Kiss ARE recording a live album at their show at The Essar Center! The Sault Ste. Marie show has been added to the list of shows that Kiss will record on this leg of the tour, so after the concert, we can buy an official live CD or USB wristband of it for $35! You can buy your copy at the show itself, or at Concert Online! Get more details at this location! Now you can guarantee this: I WILL buy the recording of the show, whether I can go or not, and when I get my copy, I will review it in the SMS' Local Metal CD Review series in either December or January! What do you guys think? Cool souvenir of this high profile concert, or just another Gene Simmons moneygrab?

Alright, now for some changes to links on the SMS. First, I removed the link for The Canadian's Facebook group because it was deleted from Facebook. No word as to why it was deleted. That sucks, but hopefully I'll still be able to keep up with shows there through other sources! Meanwhile, I did add a Facebook group for another local concert venue, Coch's Corner! Seems official, there's photos and tons of old event pages there! In looking at it, I noticed a local metal show I missed from this past March, featuring Edmonton hard rock band Stone Iris. My apologies for missing that, I don't know how that happened! Check out Coch's Corner's Facebook group at this location!

Finally for today, I have made a new section on the SMS to feature local CD stores, of which there are three: CD Plus in The Cambrian Mall, HMV in The Station Mall, and The Rad Zone in The Wellington Square Mall! None in Sault Michigan anymore, not since New Moon Records was replaced by Dotgames, but I figured there was enough there on the Ontario side to give their own section! It's on the left side of the page, under the Music Stores/Lessons section. I don't plan on any more categorizing from the Other Local Metal Links for a while, because there's not enough active links to place in one category at present.

That's all for today, more news to come! Thanks everyone!

No comments: