Friday, October 16, 2009

Kiss Ticket Information, Woods IV: The Green Album News, And More!

Greetings, everyone! Time to update you guys on some more news, especially concerning that face paint-wearing platinum selling rock band that's coming here in a couple months. Plus I have updates from Woods of Ypres, Lion Ride, a possible new concert venue, and more! So let's get this post started!

Ticket information for the Kiss concert at The Essar Center on December 15th has been announced! They will cost $99.50, for either seats or floor. Tickets will go on sale on October 24th (one week from tomorrow) at 10:00 AM! There are also special VIP ticket offers for huge prices that will get you premium seating, added Kiss swag, and if you get the meet and greet package, you'll get to meet Kiss before the show! How can you get tickets? Obviously, you can get them at The Essar Center box office, at their official website, or by calling 1-866-755-9422! Get full ticket details at this location! Now, I do wanna see Kiss, it'd be one hell of an experience, but do you see those prices? Goddamn! They couldn't make the seats cheaper than the floor? I still wanna go, but ouch! But I can see why they're charging so high. It's not every day Kiss will come here, and they're big enough to warrant those prices.

While we're on the subject, here's an idea to throw out there: Imagine if Lion Ride supported Kiss and Buckcherry at this show? When I was surfing The 705 Scene forums the other day, I saw that Lion Ride guitarist Mark "Marky Lion" Rand was attempting to e-mail The Essar Center events managers in the hopes of getting added as openers, but has yet to see a reply. He also is contemplating starting a Facebook group to build support for the idea. What say you guys? I think seeing Lion Ride on the bill would be super exciting! Maybe we should contact The Essar Center too to support the idea? Best of luck to them, I'd love to see it! Here's the thread from The 705 Scene with the Lion Ride/Kiss stuff!

Next up, here's some updates from Woods of Ypres! Their new album, Woods IV: The Green Album, has officially been sent off for mastering! In preparation, David Gold has posted some of the album artwork on their official forum, including the album cover and some additional photos! Nice stuff! Check the pics out at this location! There, you can also see pre-order information for The Green Album, which I highly recommend getting! The three songs I've heard are all excellent! Expect a November release for the disc, after which time I will review it for you guys right here on The Sault Metal Scene!

Ok, now here's info for what appears to be a potential new local concert venue! The Algonquin Hotel on Queen Street East has been renovating their upstairs bar, and all signs point to it hosting some concerts in the near future! Possibly some good ones too, if the use of AC/DC font in the logo is a sign! Now called The Rockstar Bar, they're calling it "The Sault's Newest Hotspot", and have already launched an official website for it! Well designed, and it lists an upcoming Halloween show featuring Dustin Jones and The Rising Tide. Sounds like The Rockstar Bar should be a nice spot, here's hoping for some good metal shows there! Also, be sure to check out The Rockstar Bar's official Facebook group!

Now, here's some more cool metal stuff from the past I wanna share. Thanks to my new correspondences with local rock drummer Glen Thomas, he's shown me a bunch of the videos he's posted on his Facebook page, and there's a couple old school local metal videos from back in the day! You can't embed Facebook videos onto other sites, which is a nuisance, so all I can do is recommend you check out the videos! There's some very cool videos here, including clips of 80s local bands like Spy Vs. Spy and Genghis Khan (click the names to check them out!) Great stuff, I love finding old school stuff from the local scene and Glen's been way too kind in helping me out!

Finally, three points: First, Sault Michigan metal band In Memorandum (featuring former I.S.O.M. frontman Orb Hearthstone) have changed their MySpace URL to myspace.com/inmemorandum65. Make sure to remember that so you don't get confused! Secondly, a HUGE thanks to former Fitswitch guitarist Kevin Powe for sending me "The Rust Angel EP"! I've been looking all over for it and now I can review it on the SMS! Great stuff, though I'm not sure when I can fit it in my review schedule. Hopefully sooner than later, cause it's an awesome disc! And third, GO SEE SYKOTYK RAMPAGE TONIGHT AT THE OUTBACK! It will be a great show, I'll be there, and I'll have FREE CDS!!!!!

That's all for today, I'll see you guys tonight at The Outback and tomorrow at The Canadian for the Garden of Bedlam show! Thanks everyone!

1 comment:

eTickets.ca said...

KISS: The End of the Road World Tour is here, Grab tickets for the whole family today! Kiss Tickets are trending and available at a really cheap rate: https://www.etickets.ca/kiss-tickets/