Thursday, November 26, 2009

The Latest Kiss Battle Of The Bands Updates!

It's still the talk of the town, and I believe we know the 20 bands confirmed for the Kiss Battle of the Bands taking place at The Canadian Nightclub from Monday thru Wednesday! Looks like a band dropped out too, I'll explain in a minute. So, here's the newest additions! (Remember, I found out about these from CREDIBLE SOURCES! Band updates, band members, or those close to bands have told me. I'm not guessing or acting on any rumours!) Today, I have learned of four new bands on the lineup! Only one is metal, and it's a band you might not expect. Local hard rock band Nixxon Dixxon are apparently confirmed for the Battle, and just like I was optimistically hoping, a Sault Michigan band will indeed cross the border to test their talents against us Canucks! Cami Hubbard (mother of guitarist Chris Hubbard) told be this in an e-mail today, so there is my source. I'm a fan of Nixxon Dixxon's, I really like their material on their MySpace page, and it's great to see them come to this side! But I never knew they had original material either, I've only seen and heard covers on their MySpace and on live videos. No idea how their originals will sound (remember, bands HAVE to play originals in this battle), but if they're as good as their covers, we're in for something special! Three more bands have either been announced today, or I've learned about their involvement. Local punk/country band The Billy Bastards are in! Though they haven't officially confirmed it on band sites, Matt Waples from Sonigraphix Design Solutions made up a very cool poster to promote their involvement in the battle, which you can check out to your left! It seems to imply that we're "voting" for a band, but no matter, it's proof nonetheless! Also, local blues rockers Blues Harvest have signed on, as evidenced by this Facebook event page hyping their involvement and to drum up their supporters in attending! And finally, Lion Ride frontman Mikey Hawdon told me that he'd heard that local alt-rockers Nebraska Arms will be taking part in the battle! He asked guitarist Dave Prendergast, and Dave apparently confirmed it with him. The band itself haven't promoted their involvement, but Mikey's word is good, I'd say. So remember yesterday when I mentioned that we had 17 bands confirmed? Well 17 + today's 4 = 21 bands. And as we all know, there's only room for 20. So I did some sleuthing to see if I can figure out which band might have been mistakenly added, or since dropped. I'm thinking that, if they are sticking to 20 bands, then the dropped group is Dustin Jones & The Rising Tide. Their MySpace page has tour dates listed for December 1st and 2nd in Southern Ontario, which conflict with the last two days of the Kiss battle. Sure, they could enter Monday's part, but why enter if you can't play the finals? The band hasn't cancelled these dates either, so I take it they're out, or mistakenly signed on. Of course, if I'm wrong, let me know! So with that in mind, here's the 20 bands left that I think will comprise the Battle of the Bands lineup (KEEP IN MIND, THIS IS NOT OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED!): The Billy Bastards, Blues Harvest, Bring The Fallen, Caveman Morrison, Dirty Virgin, Flat Stanley, The Fury, Garden of Bedlam, Gsis Murphy, Huckster, Lion Ride, MBM, Middle of Nowhere, Nebraska Arms, Nixxon Dixxon, Sense of Truth, Stiffler's Mom, Stillbroke, and Wishbone! Remember, I'm NOT connected with The Canadian Nightclub, Rock 101, or Kiss in ANY WAY. I'm just putting my resources and knowhow to work here to help notify people, because a lot of people are really curious and interested as to who's entering, what to expect, et cetera. As soon as official word rolls in, you'll hear it from me and get links as such. All of these bands were either confirmed by Canadian Nightclub employees, bands themselves, members of the bands, or credible sources close to the bands. No rumours or guesses. But if there's ANYTHING wrong, mistyped, or missing, LET ME KNOW! That's all for tonight, just letting you know what I know so far. This really is the talk of the local music scene, the lineup's stacked, the prize is huge, and interest is at a high! Thanks for all the visits, hits, and inquiries about all of this, I've been trying to keep everyone up to date as best I can! Hopefully we'll have an official announcement of some type soon, cause I know you guys wanna know times for the Battle and individual bands, cover charges, age limits, and such. Hopefully we'll know more in the very near future! Stay tuned, thanks again!

No comments: