Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Woods of Ypres/Stillbroke Album Updates, And The End Of Absolute?

Good afternoon everyone! Another short post today, but an important one! We have some important updates on a pair of recent new albums from local metal bands, and an update from a Sault Michigan-area band to cap things off. Here we go!

Woods of Ypres frontman David Gold has officially announced that "Woods IV: The Green Album" will be released FRIDAY! (Source at this location.) Nothing specific about when on Friday, like whether Friday is the first shipping day, the first day albums will show up in our mailboxes, or if they'll be in stores that day, but there it is, "The Green Album" comes out on Friday, November 13th! I'd reference the fact that it comes out on Friday the 13th, but that was likely unintentional. I personally can't wait, I love what I've heard so far and can't wait to drink in the full album! Same goes for the bonus disc, saying my pre-order came in soon enough, I'm highly anticipating that as well! When I get my copy, I'll be sure to let everyone know, and expect a review of the album around December 1st!

....Speaking of a review, the first official review of "Woods IV" has been posted online! Adam Wills from Hellbound.ca has reviewed the album, and it's overall a very positive critique! Much is made of the band's evolution from black metal to doom metal, and it only adds to the buildup for the CD! Wills gives it a 9.5 out of 10, and says it's one of his top albums of the year! Read the review for yourself at this location, it's well worth it! The only other "new" bit of news I can give for today is the rest of the song titles to appear on the album! Wills, through his review, has revealed the remaining songs, including "Dirty Window of Opportunity", "Don't Open The Wounds", "Natural Technologies", "Mirror Reflection", "The Long Life in the Limbo Union”, and “Move On! (The Woman Will Always Leave the Man)”! I'm not sure which one "Track 17" from Stereo Soul Studios' website is, cause the final album only has 16 songs, and that one hasn't been unveiled, but we'll soon find out!

Remember, I'm reviewing "The Green Album" and it's bonus disc hopefully around December 1st! And I'll replace the current Ace Frehley-themed SMS banner and logo with "Green Album" inspired images on Saturday, after Ace's concert! And get your pre-orders in while you still can, get all the pre-order details at this location!

While we're on the subject of local metal albums, here's an update on Stillbroke's recently released debut, "Never Enough"! The album can now be purchased in stores! Where, you ask? You can now pick one up at CD Plus in The Cambrian Mall, the Mac's at 12 Second Line West (on the corner of Peoples Road), and at TnT Pawnbrokers on Gore Street! Interesting locations for the CD to be sold at, but great to see it in stores! Remember, each copy costs $10! I'm still waiting for my review copy, sorry for the delay in posting a review, but it will definitely be this month! I highly recommend you guys pick up the album though, it will be well worth your money!

And finally for today, if their MySpace status update is an indication, a Sault Michigan-area band may be breaking up. Pickford hard rockers Absolute, in that status update, have revealed that they will be playing a show at "Dan's Place" in Rudyard on Friday. I believe this is someone's house and not a public concert like normal, so I won't call it as a real "concert", but here's what caught my eye specifically: The update begins with "Last chance to see Absolute live!!!", which basically suggests what it says. I'm hopeful they're not breaking up for good, but even if they do, we still have Riot! By Night to follow (remember, they share 3 members with Absolute.) Cross your fingers, hopefully this won't be the end of Absolute!

That's all for today, but I guarantee I'll have a post tomorrow! Specifically, for my preview of Saturday's Ace Frehley concert, as well as any other news I may have! Stay tuned for that, and more!

No comments: