Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Dreadnaut Show Is OFF!

Well, I was all raring to go rock out tonight at the Dreadnaut/The Fury concert scheduled for tonight at The Canadian, and wouldn't you know it, they no-showed. Just fucking great, I was looking forward to seeing them finally! I gotta thank Jay Perron for giving me the scoop on what happened while I was there, he was handling things well, given the circumstances. I don't know full details on why they no-showed, but hopefully we'll have an idea very soon, cause I'm sure a bunch of you guys are disappointed at the very least.

So yeah, the show is cancelled. I won't say anything bad about Dreadnaut, I'm still a fan of their music, and I don't know why they couldn't make it, but I recommend you guys try and stay respectful and open-minded until we know more. And if they schedule another show here, I sure hope they actually do make it, cause I'd still love to see them! And for you fans of The Fury, all is not lost, cause you'll still get to see them tomorrow night at The Oddfellows Hall with local metal band Necropolis at The Class War Kids show! Check below for my preview on that show!

I also deleted the Dreadnaut concert preview from the last post for the simple reason that, it didn't happen. Well, just letting you guys know, I'll have more news and updates on local metal in the coming days! And if I hear more on the cancellation, I'll have it here! Thanks everyone!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

no-show, minutes before the doors open, by text message no less with no return number...... nough said,,,

Anonymous said...

I wonder if you would of been so understanding if it was the Fury that didn't show..........

The Sault Metal Scene said...

I'd be disappointed, I do like The Fury! But if they hadn't shown, the show wouldn't have been cancelled outright, I wouldn't think. I wanted to hear some music, and honestly, I would have liked to have seen you guys by themselves if they would have went that route.

If something I said sounded offensive, I don't mean it!

Anonymous said...

cool.....

The Sault Metal Scene said...

I hope so, I sure don't mean to sound like I'm playing favourites or being biased, cause The Fury are good, I liked them at the Sick Jams for Sick Kids show! Just the SMS is metal-centric, thats all, no offense is EVER intended by what I type unless I'm personally offended or pissed at someone or something, and in The Fury's case, that never happened.

Anonymous said...

no harm, no foul bro.....