Saturday, July 4, 2009

HAPPY SECOND ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!

And so it is, The Sault Metal Scene is officially two years old! As promised, I've got lots of stuff lined up for it! First, as you can tell, our new logo has been unveiled! It took a lot of work, but I'm pleased with the final result, and hopefully you guys like it! Now we have a clear personal identity that doesn't blatantly steal from anything! Expect to see lots of themed variants of this logo where appropriate, like for major concerts, local album releases, and certain holidays! Also, any feedback from you guys?

Secondly, The Sault Metal Scene's Free CD Giveaway kicked off at midnight, as promised, and I gave away 10 CDs featuring some of the best past and present local metal bands to interested fans! First night was a success, here's hoping it keeps up! 40 more free CDs to go, remember to ask me at the next metal show I attend if you want a copy! For full details on the Free CD Giveaway, visit this location!

And, of course, we're back on Facebook! I have officially launched the official Facebook page for The Sault Metal Scene! This should be way more effective than the old Facebook group was, as this can deliver news right to your homepages, and direct you to the blog much easier than before! BECOME A FAN OF THE SMS TODAY! I promise this won't get slowly ignored like the group was, as long as you guys remember: The blog is FIRST PRIORITY, Facebook is second!! And I've updates the Other Local Metal Links to reflect the new Facebook page!

Now, as you might have heard, I had planned something "secret" for the second anniversary. What I was planning was to upload two videos to YouTube, which would showcase samples of songs by local metal and hard rock bands, as a way to spread the word about them. I'd love to say I have them up for you guys to see, but my computer seems to like having the internet cut out every time I try, so they'll have to wait until I work out the problems, or when I can log onto another computer to upload them. Just letting you guys know, that's coming whenever my internet connection cooperates!!!

Finally, I just want to thank you guys so much for all the support, help, and interest over these past couple of years. I never could have imagined that the SMS would have succeeded two months, let alone two years, or grow to these heights. I've had the sincere pleasure during this time to help get Saultites on both sides of the border up to date on everything from upcoming concerts, to band updates, and anything in between! Since day one, I've kept the SMS independent with no sponsorship, employees, or financial support, all out of the love of heavy metal and the fans who support it every day. You guys are awesome, here's to two more years of The Sault Metal Scene, and many more after that! (Oh, and Happy Fourth of July to all you Americans!)

That's all for now, I promise news this afternoon or evening, including my review of the Garden of Bedlam CD release show (Preview: It was AWESOME!), and more! Stay tuned here and on Facebook for any updates! Thanks again, everyone!

No comments: