Tuesday, March 2, 2010

LOCAL CONCERT ALERT (Destroyer) & New Bands Looking To Play Here!

Well, as you may have noticed, I haven't been online updating very much since making it to Detroit. As it turns out, the computer situation was even worse than I figured, I've barely had time to check my e-mail, let alone do SMS housekeeping! Luckily the Sykotyk Rampage album review went up yesterday as scheduled (Check it out below), so you guys had something new to read, but I really need to fight the slowness of this awful computer and update you all on a couple local metal news items! And today, we will start with a LOCAL CONCERT ALERT!!! (Excuse anything looking weird or blank.)

Hey Kiss fans, are you clamoring for a chance to hear your favourite Kiss songs live in the Sault? Well, we still don't know when Gene Simmons and company are actually coming to the Sault for their rescheduled date, but in the meantime, the next best thing is coming our way! Destroyer, Canada's Premier Tribute to Kiss, are coming to Sault Ontario in April! One of North America's longest running and most successful Kiss tributes, Destroyer will bring the full Kiss experience to The Rockstar Bar on April 3rd, complete with full costumes, fire breathing, and excellent concert setups! This might be the closest thing to the real Kiss that non-ticketholders will get in Sault Ontario, so keep this show in mind! Now tickets are high as far as Rockstar Bar shows go, costing $12 at The Algonquin Hotel front desk or at The Rad Zone in the Wellington Square Mall, or $15 at the door, but the price is understandable considering the bang that Destroyer will give for your Kiss-loving buck! A start time of 9:00 PM is given on the Facebook event page, visit there to confirm your attendance! And check out Destroyer by visiting their official website!

I don't remember if this is the same Kiss tribute band who came to The Canadian Nightclub in 2008, but Destroyer should put on one hell of a show! I saw their stuff online, they do the Kiss sound very well, maybe I'll go! I'll keep you guys posted if I hear any show updates!

Next up, we have more bands looking to play here in the coming months! The other day, I got an e-mail from Steve Smith, who is the lead guitarist for Killing Queens, a hard rock band from Sudbury. Killing Queens are embarking on a tour in May as support for Ottawa metal band Alaskan (pictured), and are both are looking at potentially playing a show in Sault Ontario on Monday, May 17th. Now I sent Steve some contact info for venues and promoters, but it's anyone's guess if that will be any help, so here's another open call! Both are pretty good, Alaskan have a solid extreme hardcore sound, while Killing Queens play some cool heavy rock n' roll! As always, it'd be nice to see both bands in the Soo for a show, so if YOU would like to promote or help out towards a local show on May 17th featuring Alaskan and Killing Queens, e-mail Steve at casual.steve7@gmail.com! Click on both band names to check out their respective MySpace pages, and hopefully someone out there will be interested in making this show possible!

Now I did have a planned post for CML Productions, the company owned by Christopher M. Lance responsible for Garden of Bedlam's first music video (which was filmed by ex-Amethyst frontman Rick Dellavedova!) However, the page appears to have been deleted from Facebook. No word on why, but another CML Productions offering similar video-stuff already exists in California, so maybe it's a name conflict issue. If I hear anything else local-metal related from Christopher and Rick, I'll have it here!

I wish I had more for you guys, but I can't fight with this horribly slow computer all day, I guarantee I'd have a lot more if my connection was better and let me get to my typical habits. I don't know if I'll have another post tomorrow, but if nothing else, something will be up Thursday night or early Friday with stuff I've missed! In the meantime, if you have a local metal news story, update, concert, video, or tidbit that I could use in my next post, e-mail me at robertfigures@hotmail.com! THINGS WILL GET BACK TO NORMAL REAL SOON!!!!!!

No comments: