Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Out Of Town Bands Looking For Shows!!

First off, I apologize for being so absent from here the last few days! I've been in Detroit visiting family and doing all that stuff, and I haven't had a terribly large amount of time to post anything here! Plus, news was kinda slow this week...but that changes now, I got some stuff to share! (And just for your reference, I'm back in the Soo tomorrow night!)

I just fucking knew that if I put the effort into it, The Sault Metal Scene's Myspace page could have some positive outcomes, and so far, it has! I say that because no less than THREE out of town bands have been in contact with me for help getting a booking in Sault Ontario this year!

Now, I already mentioned Winnipeg-based metal band Xplicit, but I've contacted them with some info for some venues, in case they can get something going here for a show now planned for May! Absolutely nothing is confirmed, but they said they'll keep in contact with me if they make any progress! As well, I've recieved e-mails from two more metal bands looking to come here and melt off our faces! One is Mudlark, a grindcore band from East Vancouver, BC, and the other is We, The Undersigned, a hardcore band from Fredericton, New Brunswick! Both are very talented bands, check out their pages for some original songs! They would both love to play here, so, just like for Xplicit, I gave them lots of information, and hopefully all goes well!

And of course, if you are a promoter or can help get show bookings, why not send Xplicit, Mudlark, or We, The Undersigned a message through their pages that I linked above! The more shows, the better, so why not help the cause? Also, Mudlark bassist Dave asked if I knew of any good grind/punk bands to have on their show up here if it takes place! If you're in a band and would wanna support Mudlark on a Sault show, send them a message through Myspace! And a big thanks to all the bands for asking me for help to get some booked shows up here!

And finally, an 8th band has been added to the Battle of the Bands at The Grand on March 20th! They are called "Retrofit Kettles", but I have no word on a genre. Any help from anyone? That's all for today, I'll have more tomorrow, including local concert previews for this weekend! Thanks everyone!

No comments: