Monday, May 25, 2009

LOCAL CONCERT ALERT (Fitswitch), And More News!!!

Well, I graduated from Sault College on the weekend, and various other family shit happened, so now I must get caught up with some local metal band and concert news! No more slacking off! And what better way to start off this post than with a LOCAL CONCERT ALERT?!

This Friday at Coch's Corner, a long inactive local punk/metal band will return to the stage! Which band, you may ask? None other than FITSWITCH!!!! I'm sure you remember these guys from back in the day, I was always a fan, and damned if I'd wanna miss this show! They will take the stage at 10:00, and it looks like there wouldn't be a cover charge! Sorry about the short notice, I just found out about it tonight!

Now, they're playing as part of a birthday party for Erin Goertzen, so I don't know if there's any preference to just guests or not, so I'll play it safe and find out more first. It does sound like fun to see Fitswitch again, but I don't wanna be a party crasher either, so I'll wait for info until I confirm I'll go! If you're a guest, get more info about it at the Facebook event page, which should also have any info about Fitswitch's performance!

Now here's some big news about a local hardcore band: According to a new blog post from As It Stands guitarist Garrett Masters on their official MySpace page, they have parted ways with frontman Justin Pregent. Reason? They want to "go after something bigger and better for us as a band." They have a new singer selected, but have yet to announce his identity. However, he is apparently "epic", so we'll have to see how he does! A demo from AIS is still forthcoming, with all new songs featuring their new frontman! I gotta admit, it's sad to see Justin go, but I'm more than willing to hear the new lineup! To read the full blog entry, head to this link!

Ok, what else? Oh yes, a band wants to play here, possibly! I was searching the Internet, and I came across Toxic Holocaust, a heavy metal band from Portland, Oregon! They are touring Canada as we speak, and have an open day for a show in Northern Ontario in June! Yes, they want a show for either North Bay, Sudbury, or Sault Ste. Marie on June 7th on the tour! So, if you are a promoter and would like to help get Toxic Holocaust to play a show in Sault Ontario next month, why not hit them with a message? Check out some of their original songs and send them a message at their official MySpace page!

Next up, a link change on here to update for you guys! Thanks to Brian Badelt for the info! The official website for Bell Border Jam has been shut down. You may remember this as the major summer festival from last August at Runway Park, featuring such bands as Blue Oyster Cult, Seven Mary Three, and Sault Michigan's own Bad Side, among many others! I'm not sure why the site was taken down, but if another Bell Border Jam festival takes place this year, I'm sure it will return! For now, I've replaced it in the Other Local Metal Links with it's official MySpace page!

And finally, votes for Sault Ste. Marie in the fan-routed Kiss tour voting have passed 10,000!!! As of 1:30 PM yesterday afternoon, we had 10,014 votes cast, still only behind Oshawa and Winnipeg! I doubt we'll drop from third at this rate, but keep the votes rolling in! The more we get, the better the odds that Kiss come to Sault Ontario! Remember to vote at the top right of the page, and check out SooToday's latest coverage on the Kiss campaign at this location!

More news to come sooner or later, so keep your eyes peeled for more local metal news! Have a good one!

No comments: