Tuesday, May 12, 2009

LOCAL CONCERT ALERTS and Blind Witness Show Updates!!!

As I promised, I have more news very quickly! I don't wanna let four or five days slip like that again! So, here we go, for I have tons of LOCAL CONCERT ALERTS!!! (And remember, for some news on Clownsack, Kiss, and Who Made Who, among others, view the post immediately below this one!)

I completely apologize for missing this one, I just passed it off as a 100% punk rock show, but as it turns out, there is a metal band on the bill! Well, as you may have heard, California punk legends Strung Out are coming to The Canadian on May 22nd! And one of the support acts is a metal band! California crossover thrash/hardcore band Death By Stereo will be on the bill for this show as well! Check them out on MySpace, it's a good mix of metal and punk, and they're definitely worth a listen! Also to be featured are Calgary punk rockers This Is A Standoff and Sault natives The Inner City Surfers!

Tickets are $15 in advance or $20 at the door (and keep in mind, Strung Out are pretty big, so the price isn't terrible!) You can buy them at the front desk of The Knights Inn (that's where The Canadian is located, on Pim Street), at CD Plus at The Cambrian Mall, or by e-mailing dustinjones@innercitysurfers.com! Doors open at 8:00 PM! Sadly, it's not an all ages show, you have to be 19 to go. For more information, check out the SooToday event page at this location, or this link to confirm your attendance on Facebook!

Next up, we have a concert coming up at (guess where)....Foggy Notions!!! Yes, the famous bar on the corner of Queen and East is back! And luckily, the metal concerts are coming back too! You may remember a while back when I mentioned that Winnipeg alt-metal band Domenica were looking to play in Sault Ste. Marie on July 4th. Well, they got their booking, albeit a day earlier! So on July 3rd at 8:00 PM, prepare for some metal!

Also joining them on this show will be fellow Winnipeg metal band Dreadnaut! Remember the name? They were scheduled to play at The Other Place many months ago with Garden of Bedlam, but cancelled due to a family emergency. I recall plans for a makeup show, but it never happened. Luckily, they're definitely coming in July, and hopefully I can make it down to Foggy's for this show! Click on each band's name to check out their music, they're both excellent bands! When more info is announced, I'll tell you all! And the Facebook page for Foggy Notions is now in the Local Metal Links to your right!

But wait, there's more! On July 22nd, there will be another metal concert in Sault Michigan! On that day, Lansing experimental metal band Mr. Denton will be playing at a birthday party at 8:00 PM at Kaine's Rink! That's the hockey rink and event center on East Easterday Avenue, and Mr. Denton will be there to perform for a person named Max's birthday. Their Myspace says more details are to follow. Seeing as it's a birthday party, I don't know how available it will be to the general public, but I figured I'd mention it! As for Mr. Denton themselves, they have a unique sound going for them, kind of a pop/funk/metal-ish style. Check them out on Myspace, and once I hear more on this show, you'll hear it here!

OK, that's all for new concerts! Now, I have some updates on an upcoming local show. One week from today, there's gonna be a hardcore show at The Oddfellows Hall headlined by Montreal hardcore band Blind Witness and Uxbridge hardcore band To Cherish. That hasn't changed, but some of the support acts have! Sadly, locals As It Stands have dropped off the show, but there have been two bands added! New locals Loyalty is Dead are now on the bill (thought I still don't know much about them), and Belleville hardcore rockers Amnesia Amnesia are now scheduled for it once again!

You may remember from my very first post on this show that Amnesia Amnesia were scheduled to play it when it was just with To Cherish at The Arcadia Coffeehouse. They appeared to have been dropped last I heard, but they're back on now! Aside from the new show poster, nothing else has changed, Calgary hardcore band The Fallacy and local punk rockers The Fury are also still on it, doors still open at 6:30, and tickets are still $9 in advance, $12 at the door! And remember, to confirm your attendance and get full details, head over to the official Facebook event page!

Finally, I realized I forgot to preview a pair of shows in April. I reported in February that Michigan hard rock band Nudge were coming to The Satisfied Frog for shows on April 24-25 and June 11-12. Well, I somehow forgot to give you guys a local concert preview for the April shows, nor did I include any of these shows in the concert listings. I apologize to everyone for that!!! I promise I won't forget the June shows, I have them in the listings now, and I will preview them next month! Fuck, how did I forget that?!

Well, I think we're all caught up now! And remember, your next local concert is Thursday night, when Sense of Truth rock out at the FREE Skate4Cancer show, followed by concerts featuring Who Made Who, Nixxon Dixxon, and Half Stupid! Last weekend was very quiet for local concerts, but this weekend more than makes up for it, so enjoy yourselves, and I'll have more news very soon, I promise!!!

No comments: