After another off weekend, local classic hard rock quartet Full Circle will rock The Nicolet Tavern TOMORROW AND SATURDAY NIGHT for Halloween weekend! Apologies for the short notice, the band only officially confirmed these dates earlier tonight. It's always good to see the former Turner Up back out there, and with the Halloween season fully upon us, look for them to deliver some great classic hard rock covers for their fans all weekend long at The Nic! They'll be on at 10:00 PM tomorrow night and Saturday night, you must be 19 to enter either show, and there's no announced cover charge. For more details, visit the official Facebook event page! We haven't been seeing Full Circle as frequently this fall as we have been this year, but you know they'll pull out some great tunes for the holiday weekend, so don't miss them! For a preview, here's Full Circle covering "Alone" by Heart at this year's Rotaryfest!
Now to the previously announced concerts that at least partly take place tomorrow night, and first, metal returns to Feedback Nightclub & Bar tomorrow for the first tine since Napalm Death, courtesy of Toronto metal trio Laugh At The Fakes! In what I believe is their local debut, this unique and wide ranging outfit will surely rock the Feedback stage tomorrow night, and they have a little something for everyone while remaining very heavy, so make note of this show! Kudos to Dismembertainment for bringing them in! Joining Laugh At The Fakes tomorrow is local classic metal quartet Late & Loud, in their Feedback debut! It's always good to see them back on a local stage, and in this busy stretch of shows for them, hopefully they bring lots of talent and great music to the table tomorrow night! Nice package of metal, especially if you're not into more aggressive harsher vocals, so absolutely consider this show in your Halloween weekend plans! There will be a $3 cover tomorrow night, you must be 19 to attend, and a 10:00 PM start time is expected. For more details, visit the official Facebook event page!
This should be one heavy concert, so don't miss it tomorrow night, as you know the bands will deliver! For a preview, I have no full videos of L.A.T.F. in action, but here's a video slideshow set to their song "Better Than You", so give it a look/listen, and head to Feedback tomorrow night for all the metal!
Lastly for bands playing tomorrow night, local hard rock quartet Sneaky Pete will return to the stage for the first time in almost two months to rock The Roosevelt Hotel all weekend long! This talented band continues to make their name on the local concert scene, and in their first Rosie stops since June, you know they'll be ready to rock with some great heavier covers tomorrow night & Saturday night! Tomorrow's show looks to be your usual Rosie fun times, but Saturday night will give us a Halloween bash with awesome music and costumes encouraged, so don't show up in street clothes and be left out! That all said, they'll be on at around 10:30 PM both Friday and Saturday, you must be 19 to attend, and there's no likely cover charge. For more details, visit the official Facebook event page! It's always good to see Sneaky Pete bring their hard rock show to a local stage, and who knows, I might be there this weekend! I'm debating which band to see tomorrow night, if any (I'm torn a few directions), but hopefully I'll get out there! Regardless, go see Sneaky Pete this weekend for some classic and harder edged sounds! For a preview, here's the band's audio mashup of two classics from Ozzy Osbourne and Judas Priest, and if I find an embeddable video of them, I'll let you guys know!
And finally for today, you know how we often feature three shorter stories from the last while together as bullet points at the end of a post? Well, let's double that today, as I have a lot of smaller news stories to get out of the way that have been pushed aside for far too long lately. So, here's SIX shorter stories from the last little while, in alphabetical order by band or channel name!:
- Local metal cover trio Caveman Morrison have quietly launched a new Facebook page! It's barely updated beyond featuring a band logo and a link to their website, but maybe in time it will be filled up! In the meantime, become a fan at the above links!
- Sault Michigan/Grand Rapids metal quintet End of Existence have revealed plans earlier this month to cover the country classic "Ghost Riders In The Sky" AND release a full length debut album this fall! Details are scant on both projects, but keep an eye on their Facebook page for updates as they come in!
- Local hard rock quartet Half Past are looking for fan input on which local concert venue they should play at next. A poll has been launched on their Facebook page where you can pick between Feedback, The Roosevelt Hotel, their Thursday metal nights specifically, or you can add your own choices. What do you guys think? Vote today to help them choose!
- I've edited our YouTube Channel Profile of YouTube user myangels1266's channel to edit the references to her son Chris Hubbard's local bands Nixxon Dixxon & Splitshot, mainly to refer to bandmate Jake LaLonde's current work in Splitshot. Not a huge change, but worth mentioning!
- New local metal trio Social Suicide have announced the addition of former Bear Hunters guitarist Andres Duchesne to their lineup, replacing Storm Perry. The news was broken on their Facebook page on Tuesday. Nice to see Andres back in a local band, he had promise from his brief Bear Hunters stint last summer, and hopefully this pays off all around!
- Local classic hard rock quintet That's Chester announced last week that they have finally begun working on their first ever original song! You'd think a band that talented would have originals by now, but better late than never! Stay tuned to their Facebook page for updates on this and other future band developments!