Monday, April 20, 2009

LOCAL CONCERT ALERTS, And A Garden of Bedlam update!

Well guys, I gotta thank you all for voting on the poll! It's way too early to end it yet, but it's nice to see some results coming in! VOTE TODAY!! But now, I have some LOCAL CONCERT ALERTS!!!

I apologize for the short notice of this show, but we have a cover band hitting Coch's Corner for a pair of shows this weekend! Black Dog, a Toronto-based Led Zeppelin tribute band, are playing shows at 10:00 on both Friday and Saturday night, with no cover charge! It's been a while since a good tribute band's came to Sault Ontario, and I gotta say, I'm impressed by these guys! Check out their version of Immigrant Song at their official MySpace page! And for more details and to confirm your attendance, head on over to the official Facebook event page for this show!

I just realized, we have two bands playing two shows each at bars this weekend (Black Dog and Sykotyk Rampage)..sounds like a typical weekend in Sault Michigan! Nice to see!

Next up, on May 3rd, Necropolis (previously known as The Undead "Brown Pelican" Warriors) will rock The Oddfellows Hall once again! They will be supporting Toronto classical/punk band RedD Monkey (check them out on MySpace, they're quite unique), alongside local punk rockers The Fury and Stealing Kisses! Though not entirely a metal show, why not go and check out Necropolis, they have a lot of great stuff! Tickets are just $5, and the show starts at 7:00 PM! For more details, check out the official Facebook event page!

And finally, if you're a member of Garden of Bedlam's official Facebook group, you might have received an e-mail from frontman Erik "Buzz" Boissineau! Just in case you didn't hear the news, I'll give you a recap! The band's debut EP is currently on its way here! And they'll come out for sale next month at the CD release party (Details to be announced!) Now, if you can't wait until May to hear the new songs, there are previews of some of the new songs on Garden of Bedlam's official MySpace page! Excuse the quality, but the songs will definitely sound excellent once you get the CD in your hands! I can't wait to hear more, and as I hear more, I'll let y'all know!

Well, that's all for this post, more news this week if I can pry myself away from my homework and studying! Stay tuned!

No comments: