Thursday, April 2, 2009

Stillbroke Concert Review!!!

Guess who has a review of the Stillbroke concert from last night? I know it's a bit later than I originally intended, but that's what college, homework, and slow photo uploads will do to you.But let's not waste any more time!

Nice setup at The Verdi Hall for the concert! The lighting was alright, the sound was excellent, and everything was laid out well! My only real complaint was that no one went out on the floor to get close to the band or anything, it just looked barren. Kinda took away from the "concert" atmosphere, but that's minor, I still got a great view of everything! There was pizza from Mrs. B's for sale, as well as Stillbroke t-shirts, which was cool. They obviously put a lot of work into last night, and it showed!

As for the concert itself, Stillbroke did an excellent job! The band displayed some excellent sounding originals, as well as some very good covers of songs by bands ranging from Metallica and Alice In Chains to Neil Young and Joe Walsh! Frontman Jesse Frigault was excellent, showing off some great singing and guitar work, while the rest of the band also did great jobs!

The show was broken up into three sets. The first set was the hard rock sound Stillbroke are best known for! After about a half hour, they returned for a more intimate second set, with the band playing some slower songs, including a solo original by bassist Kyle McKey! (Cuirously enough, people started slow dancing during his song, which was amusing!) Slowly, the full band returned for the rest of the slow songs! This set was a nice change of pace, but soon after, the hard rocking would resume, and stayed at the same high quality that Stillbroke are known for!

Now, I would comment on the rest of the concert, but I didn't stay til the end. But, I have a good reason why not! They had a bunch of raffle draws for tons of prizes, for everything from a barbeque to a champagne set, and I won a $350 gift basket of toy trucks, cars, and other kids stuff! So I left early to bring it home! I can't believe I won that much, but I must have a lucky streak at Stillbroke shows for winning prizes (remember, I won a TV at their last show!)

Overall, it was a great night of music! I would have included a support band, and had more of a "concert" feel to the show, but Stillbroke did great, and hopefully have some more shows planned in the near future! As for my toy basket, I plan on giving it all to my baby cousin, who happens to be a huge fan of cars and trucks, so that'll make him real happy!

As you can tell, I took photos, and I got my good camera this time, so hopefully they turned out well! To check out the rest of my photos from the concert, head on over to The Sault Metal Scene's official Photobucket page! I have a video too, but alas, my internet fails at uploading videos, so I'll see what I can do in the near future. That's all for today, I have more news planned for tomorrow, including a LOCAL CONCERT ALERT, so stay tuned!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THIS BAND SUCK MAJOR...THEY WILL NEVER GO ANYWHERE WITH THIS...
THEY NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY MUSIC

The Sault Metal Scene said...

That's your opinion, and I respect it.