Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Concert Previews For Today, Woods Of Ypres Updates, And More!

Hey guys, got a couple updates for you all today! First off, we'll start with local concert previews, cause there were two scheduled for today. But, I just wanna say that I'm not gonna call the Breaking The Fourth Wall concert scheduled for tonight as a show that's still on. The only proof I have of it is from BTFW and Constructed Apocalypse's MySpace concert listings. There's no Facebook event pages, no posters, no advertisements, or announced admission prices. I've heard no buzz from people about it, and I can't imagine it having only three bands (I Am The Vine were apparently scheduled too), and overall, there just isn't enough clear info for me to definitively preview this show for you guys.

Shame too, cause all the bands are very talented. But maybe I'm wrong, maybe there just isn't a lot of info out there. If the show actually is on and actually is happening, let me know!!!!! I hate making mistakes, so if I'm wrong, please don't hesitate to tell me!

But, there is another show today in the Sault area! Mr. Denton on Doomsday, an experimental metal band from Lansing, are scheduled to play at a birthday party tonight at Kaines Rink! FYI, that's the hockey rink and event center on East Easterday Avenue, in case you wondering about where that is. Now, seeing as this is a birthday party, I don't know how available this is to the general public, but I figured I'd mention it just in case. It will take place at 8:00 PM tonight! Please, if you're thinking about going, see if it's available to the public first, we don't need party crashing.

But hey, here's a video to show you guys, just in case! Mr. Denton on Doomsday aren't a bad band, they have some pretty inventive songs and a good sound! Check out this video of them performing their original song "Warsaw"!



Now, here's some big updates for a major show next month! Lots more details have been announced for the upcoming Woods of Ypres concert at The Speakeasy on August 16th! First of all, a new band has been added to the lineup, and it's Inflict, the extreme metal band from North Bay who you may remember from shows last year at The Lock City Grand Theater! They join Toronto's own The Womb on a lineup that will surely get the metal pumping through your veins!

Ticket prices have also been a bit amended. While $10 is still the advance price, tickets will be $15 if you get them at the door. Crank Sound Distribution will be providing sound for this show, doors open at 7:00, and Woods of Ypres take the stage at around 10:00! And yes, this show is ALL AGES! We haven't seen any of these bands since last year, so this (in my humble opinion) is a must-see concert! I highly recommend you guys make it out to this show, cause I sure as hell plan on going! Stay tuned for updates as I hear them! And for all news, and to confirm your attendance, visit the official Facebook event page for this show!

Next up, an update from your favourite local online radio station, Energy Rock Radio! DJ Ryeman hit me up with news that the final website has been launched, which you can check out at http://www.energyrockradio.com! Everything's up and running, so head there to listen to some quality online radio! Call in on Skype with your requests too, cause the next ten people who call in will get entered into a draw for free swag! They're also looking for members for an ERR street team as well as new DJs. Anyone out there interested? Hit them a line at their official website! Lots of metal to go around on ERR, so why not check it out, it's a great, well done station, and who knows, you might win something!

And finally, Stillbroke guitarist Sam DeDominicis has posted two possible concepts for the cover art of their upcoming EP "Never Enough" There's the one pictured, and a second cover which has a more weather-beaten border. What say you guys? If I hear any more updates on the EP, you'll find it all here! That's all for today, stay tuned to The Sault Metal Scene for more local metal news and updates!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check out Gsis Murphy at:
www.myspace.com/gsismurphy

The Sault Metal Scene said...

Good stuff! I've heard of you guys before, lots of talent! Not quite metal, but pretty good! Anyone out there, if you like some pop/alt rock, these guys are pretty good!