Sunday, July 12, 2009

A New Stillbroke Song, Plus Lion Ride and Detroit Updates, And More!!!

Hey guys, I'm back with some more local metal and hard rock news updates! Let's get right to it!

Local hard rockers Stillbroke have posted a brand new studio quality track on their official MySpace page, entitled "No Reason"! This song, and four others, will be featured on their upcoming debut EP, which will be called "Never Enough"! Stillbroke's MySpace blog mentions that more songs from the EP will be posted online within the month, possibly sooner, so stay tuned for that! I like the song, but I'll withhold complete judgment until the EP is released, when I'll give a formal review! Do you have any thoughts or opinions on the song? Feel free to share, and as I hear more news concerning Stillbroke and "Never Enough", you'll find it all here! Also, keep watch for updates at their official MySpace and Facebook pages!

Meanwhile, I have another out of town concert featuring local talent! Sault natives Detroit are playing another concert at The Bovine Sex Club in Toronto on August 18th! Support will come from Toronto-area hardcore punk band Akroid! This all sounds well and good on it's own, but admission is FREE! Their show at the same venue on Tuesday night is free too, which makes me wonder, why can't we get free shows like this up here? Either way, the show is now listed in the Out of Town concert listings! And, as a refresher, keep in mind that Detroit includes Lion Ride's own Mikey Hawdon, Mark Rand, and Brenton Ellis among it's lineup, so you know there's some definite talent with this band! Hopefully the shows go well!

Speaking of Lion Ride, they got some press in a major music magazine recently! A brief write-up on the band is featured in the July 2009 issue of Classic Rock Magazine (cover to the right!) As well, the free compilation CD that comes with that issue features one of Lion Ride's originals, Cocaine Crazy, which you can alternately find on their debut EP, "Awesome"! Now that's great to hear, especially for a band with their talent! Here's hoping they get noticed more and more! If you can find a copy of that issue of Classic Rock Magazine, pick it up, I'll be on the lookout for it myself!

And finally for today, three minor story items, going in alphabetical order by band name:
  • Sault Michigan's own Free Refill have another concert listed on their MySpace page, but I don't know enough about it to list it here yet. It says they'll be playing at a "Baby-Q" this coming Friday, whatever that implies, but there's no specifics listed. If I find more, I'll let everyone know!
  • On Saturday, Garden of Bedlam frontman Buzz mentioned on his Facebook status that they're planning to announce a "surprise show very shortly!!" Could this be the rescheduled all ages show? Or does "surprise" mean something entirely different? Either way, once I hear something, I'll tell you guys about it!
  • Sykotyk Rampage have announced August 1st as the official release date for their twenty-second album, "Twenty-Too"! I believe this will just be in download format, but I could be wrong. The date was posted on their official Facebook page, so that's my source. Expect a review of the album on the SMS after it comes out!
That's all for tonight, expect more news very soon! Thanks everyone!

No comments: