Monday, June 22, 2009

A Correction, It's Just Me News, And SMS 2nd Anniversary Stuff!

Well guys, there's not a lot of news today, but enough to make a post for! And to start, I have a correction. Remember a few days ago when I said it looked like Necropolis were added to the upcoming Garden of Bedlam CD release show? Well, they aren't on THAT show. They are apparently lined up for the possible all ages Garden of Bedlam show on July 5th, which has yet to be finalized, but I hadn't seen indications of that when I first mentioned it here. Things will be worked out though, just a simple miscommunication! Thanks to Buzz from GoB for the correction! And remember everyone, for full details on Garden of Bedlam's CD release show with Sense of Truth at The Canadian, visit this location!

Just reminding everyone, I ain't perfect, and if I make a mistake of any kind, I sure as hell want to correct them and be as accurate as possible. If you see any mistakes, errors, outdated information, or missing stuff, let me know, and I'll be more than happy to correct it! I try my best to be accurate, but sometimes, a little help doesn't hurt!

Alright, next up, as you might remember from last Monday, I told you guys about new hardcore band It's Just Me, who has recently changed their name from their original moniker, "Loyalty is Dead". Well, they've changed their name AGAIN! They are now known as Lorax. Interesting name, hopefully it sticks! I've updated the concert listings and local band listings to match their new name! Their MySpace page's URL has also been updated to match the new name, and you can check it out at www.myspace.com/loraxlorax! Also, their upcoming concert on July 18th at The Oddfellows Hall will feature (besides Lorax and Callahan) other local bands, though I have yet to learn much else. Once I hear more Lorax-related info, you'll hear it here!

And finally, just some updates on our upcoming second anniversary, which is just 11 days away! The new logo is long since completed, it looks excellent in my opinion, I'll have to see what kind of feedback I get from it (Remember, that pic is just a preview of what's to come!) I have been thinking up ideas for the Facebook relaunch, I won't divulge anything, but it should work well to let all you Facebook users know about metal news, without taking anything away from the blog! As for the Free CD Giveaway, I'm pretty sure what bands and songs will be included, but again, I won't spoil anything until July 4th, lest the surprise be ruined!

I also have a "secret" project coming on July 4th to unveil to the world, it's nothing major or earth shattering, but it should be somewhat neat! As for what it is, let me just kill two birds with one stone: It's NOT an SMS Twitter page, and it's NOT an SMS concert I'd be promoting. There, cleared those up. You'll just have to wait and see for yourselves on July 4th! That's all for tonight, more news to come very soon!

No comments: