Monday, June 15, 2009

LOCAL CONCERT ALERT, Plus A New Local Band, Concert Updates, And More!!!

Oh, I have a LOT of news today, I did some thorough searching and came up with a whole bunch of stuff, starting with a LOCAL CONCERT ALERT!!! (And to check out a preview for tonight's Stillbroke concert and my review of APE's new CD "Survival of the Fittest", check the post immediately below!)

Remember how I've been mentioning off and on that Garden of Bedlam were working on a CD release concert? Well, it appears to have been booked! According to their official MySpace page, they will be playing at The Canadian on July 3rd! Tickets are $5 in advance, or $8 at the door! It also lists the start time as 9:00 AM, but I can't see that as being right. Chances are this is 19+, being at The Canadian and all, but I'll update you guys if I hear otherwise! You better believe I'll be at this show, and it what great timing for this show too, as it will take place a day before the SMS' 2nd anniversary! When I hear more about this concert, you'll hear it here!

Next up, we have a new local band to add to the Local Metal Band Links! Remember when I mentioned a new local band called Loyalty Is Dead, who backed up Blind Witness and Today I Caught The Plague at shows earlier this year? Well, they have officially launched a MySpace page, so I can finally tell you guys about them! However, they've now changed their name to It's Just Me, so keep that in mind! As it turns out, they are a hardcore band, and their frontman is none other than Big Voiced Records head Jeremy Hannah! How about that? It's Just Me also has former Eyes Set Fire guitarist Dave Biedermann and Sammy Mellon on drums, while they are currently looking for a new bassist.

Their MySpace page does say they'll be playing a concert on August 3rd with Vancouver post-hardcore band Callahan at The Oddfellows Hall, but Callahan doesn't have any tour dates on their MySpace yet, so I'll wait for further confirmation before listing it. As well, it also mentions a possible show on August 5th in Windsor Ontario, but the venue is to be announced, so I'll wait for that too. Once I hear more on both these concerts, and anything else It's Just Me related, I'll let you guys know!

Now, I have some updates for a pair of upcoming concerts! First, we have learned one of the support bands for Woods of Ypres' show at The Speakeasy on August 16th! And it's none other than Toronto's own The Womb! Their MySpace page confirms it! And remember, they're still scheduled to play at The Lock City Grand Theater on August 15th, so if you're a fan of The Womb, or liked seeing them here last year, you're gonna get lots of metal goodness come mid-August! Also, admission to this show will be just $10! I fully plan on making this show, I personally can't wait!

Secondly, we've learned another support band for the upcoming Breaking The Fourth Wall concert on July 22nd at The Oddfellows Hall! They are I Am The Vine, a Christian hardcore band from Belle River, Ontario! Windsor death metal band Constructed Apocalypse are also still scheduled to play this show too! It is planned to start at 8:00 PM! There's still no announced admission price or Facebook event page, but once there is, I'll let everyone know!

Oh, and there's another band looking to play in Sault Ontario, but has no venue booked yet! They are Diemonds, a female fronted hard rock band from Toronto! According to their MySpace, they want to play a show here on June 30th, but they need a venue! Can anyone out there help? Send them a message on MySpace, where you can also check out some of their songs, which aren't bad! Who knows, maybe someone out there can help them out!

And finally, I've added the official website for Rotaryfest to the Other Local Metal Links! Remember, even though I haven't heard so yet this year, they often have at least one metal band on one of the stages, including past performers like Gates of Winter and Stillbroke! I'll leave you for today with this video of Gates of Winter's entire hour long performance from Rotaryfest 2006! Thanks everyone, more news to come!

No comments: