Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Northern Rocks Magazine Update, And More!

I'm back with more news! Hasn't been a ton lately, but I had to post something, and good thing I got some stuff! And as usual for the beginning of the month, Northern Rocks Magazine has found its way to your inboxes (if you're a subscriber), so let's start with that!

Honestly, this issue has nothing really "metal", per say. Most issues have at least one metal anything, but meh, I won't sweat it. It's still a great, well put together magazine, and it's 100% worth getting a subscription to! The metal will return! Also, this issue is the first anniversary issue, and congratulations to them on reaching this milestone! Remember, Northern Rocks Magazine is a FREE internet magazine dedicated to bands and concerts in all of Northern Ontario! If you're interested in subscribing, head on over to http://www.northernrocksmagazine.com/subscribe.html and join the mailing list!

And on a slightly personal note, remember last month when I mentioned that Northern Rocks were running a contest to win Norris merchandise? Well, yours truly was among the winners! So I won their new CD "Bone Crusher", as well as a Norris sticker, button, and poster! I've already sent my mailing address to them, and should receive my prizes soon! Will I review their new CD on the SMS? Maybe, we'll have to see! And remember, Norris will be playing at The Oddfellows Hall a week from Thursday with Today I Caught The Plague! Tickets are just $5, get more details at this location!

Next up, Woods of Ypres have added a few dates to their upcoming tour! They'll be playing at The Annex Wreckroom in Toronto on August 15th, The Exchange in Regina on August 19th, and The Lucky Bar in Victoria on August 25th! Best of luck to WoY on these new shows, and the tour in general! And remember, they'll be hitting The Speakeasy at Algoma University on August 16th, for what should be an excellent concert! Stay tuned for more details on that as I hear them!

And finally, a Facebook event page has been launched for Stillbroke's upcoming concert with Marianas Trench. They haven't completed a lot on it, but I'm sure in due time, all details will be there! To confirm your attendance for this show, visit this link! That's all for this post, I hope to have more news and updates very soon. And yes, the APE CD review is coming, trust me!

No comments: