Wednesday, December 16, 2009

LOCAL CONCERT ALERT (Garden of Bedlam), Caveman Morrison VIP Night Preview, And Two New Local Bands!

Well, my exams are finally done, so let's update you guys on some new stuff! And we'll start with some Garden of Bedlam news!

On Monday, SooToday posted a press release from Garden of Bedlam concerning the Kiss concert cancellation. As we all should know, Garden of Bedlam were to back up Kiss at the show due to their victory at the Kiss Battle of the Bands! The band expressed disappointment, but hope that when the show is rescheduled, they'll still be the openers. It also features comments from drummer Derek Turner. Now we have already heard a lot of what it says through band pages, but the last part of the article is well worth mentioning:
"Garden of Bedlam will take the stage at Foggy Notions on Boxing Day, and are currently working on new material for a full-length album to be released summer of 2010."
Hear that? Garden of Bedlam at Foggies on December 26th! The band haven't officially announced it as of 3:33 PM Wednesday, but the band has teased it a bit on Facebook too. And really, if it's in the official press release on SooToday, it must be true! So there, a LOCAL CONCERT ALERT! I still don't know full details though, but when the band announce them, I'll let you guys know! And make sure to read the news release from SooToday at this location!

Now, we have a concert tonight to preview, so here's what you need to know! I've heard the buzz for it all over the net and with people I've talked to, and finally, after over 20 months of waiting, Foggy Notions is back! Though the grand opening isn't until Friday (Sense of Truth are headlining!), you don't have to wait until then to experience the newly remodeled Foggy Notions! TONIGHT is the V.I.P. night, and headlining are none other than Caveman Morrison! Coming off last night's Kiss afterparty-makeup concert at The Rockstar Bar, they'll be headlining what should be a special night for those of you who loved Foggy Notions and were eagerly anticipating it's return! The concert/V.I.P. night is at 11:00 PM tonight, and tickets cost $10! Technically, tickets shouldn't even be available today, but with some cancellations, there were some available tonight, so ACT NOW if you want one! Call 575-0152 A.S.A.P. if you want to be a part of V.I.P. Night!

I won't go, though it'd be great to see Caveman Morrison again, I'm going to let people who experienced Foggy Notions in it's heyday have this one to themselves, I won't steal a ticket from someone who really really wants it. And if you guys can't make it tonight, no worries, Caveman Morrison will be back at Foggies on January 2nd, and it will be open to the public for Sense of Truth on Friday night! If you are going, you'll be in for a good concert, Caveman Morrison deliver some great covers, and you'll have fun! Check out videos and audio from the band and frotnman Tym Morrison's solo project at this location!

And my other big news today? NEW LOCAL BANDS! I came across two in recent days, and now it's time to profile them and add them to the band listings! The first is a band known as Meatplow! I can't completely confirm the band's lineup, but I believe at least one band member used to be in Amethyst, which, if I'm right, is awesome to hear! The band's Facebook page has some details about Meatplow's plans, including apparent recording sessions for an album to be released next year, and plans for the band to "break the Soo open" in February or March! No audio or video to speak of yet either, but their page says that Meatplow are "are a great band ready to rock" and "If you like the head bopping mixed with head banging then you will love our music." Sounds good to me, we'll have to see what they sound like! And when I hear more details on Meatplow, I'll let you guys know!

The other new band go by the name of Losing Ground, and you may recognize members of this band from another local group of a completely different genre! Frontman Kevin Koprash, bassist Kevin D'Orazio, and drummer Nick Kainula are also from local pop rock band Stealing Kisses, who you may have seen at a pair of shows with Bring The Fallen and assorted other bands from this past May! Well, it looks like the Stealing Kisses guys have gone metal, and joining them is lead guitarist Jonathan Tiberi, who definitely has some huge talent! Though he lived in the St. Catharines/Niagara area for a while, he's a Saultite, and he's uploaded some pretty good solo material onto his MySpace page! He's also done some stuff with fellow local guitarist Brendan Christie too! Sounds good, but how are the band? Well, if you ignore the bad quality audio, you can find out by clicking here, because they've uploaded a video from a jam session! Kevin Koprash is absent, but the song is solid enough, we'll have to see how they sound in full and live! As I hear more about Losing Ground, I'll be sure to share with everyone!

That's all I have for today, stay tuned to The Sault Metal Scene over the next while for my previews of this weekend's shows and the Foggy Notions grand opening, and much more! I won't be in town this weekend, I'm going to Detroit again, so I'll miss the fun at Foggy's, Rock of Ages, Free Refill, and Tym Morrison's solo shows, but I WILL BE BACK MONDAY! I will try and update the SMS where time permits in Detroit too. Oh, and thanks to the continuing support of our Facebook page, everyone! We're nearing 400 members, which is incredible, keep it up! Thanks eveyone!

No comments: