Monday, December 21, 2009

Tym Morrison Concert Preview & Garden of Bedlam Boxing Day Updates!

EDIT (Monday, 7:28 PM): Bring The Fallen have backed out of Tuesday's concert at The Speakeasy. Reason unknown as of 7:28 PM Monday. Thanks to Nolan Rainville for the information! This has also been announced on the Facebook event page. If you were planning to go, no worries, The Inner City Surfers and The Scary Uncles are STILL PLAYING ON TUESDAY! Not metal, but it'll still be a fun concert!

Hey guys, as you may have noticed from my Facebook statuses (Add me on there if you want), I haven't been on much this weekend. The internet here in Detroit is really lacking, freezes randomly and cuts out when it wants. So I haven't updated much since getting here. Things WILL get back to normal this evening, when I make it back home and can get caught up on all the news and updates I've missed. And if there's an update, concert, news item, or announcement that I should know, e-mail me at robfigures@hotmail.com!

So for today, just a quick post to preview the local metal concert coming up in tonight, and give more details on an upcoming show too! So here is local concert previews!

Firstly, Caveman Morrison frontman Tym Morrison is back for another solo concert tomorrow night at The Bottoms' Up Lounge! If you missed him Friday at Station Mall or The Big Cheese, no worries, you have another chance to check out Tym's acoustic solo set! If you've seen a typical Caveman Morrison concert, this is quite similar, but in a stripped down acoustic setting, with lots of great heavy metal covers, as well as other songs too! Tym will take the stage at 10:00 PM tomorrow night, confirm your attendance at the official Facebook event page! Expect a great show from Tym, if you wanna mellow out with a beer and some rocking tunes, why not go? For a preview, check out some of his solo material at his official website!

And finally, Garden of Bedlam have officially confirmed their show on Boxing Day (this Saturday) at Foggy Notions! It wasn't really a secret before anyway, but good to hear official word! And the band have indeed launched an event page on Facebook for it, so all the details are there! Doors open for this concert at 9:00 PM, the band begins at around 11:00 PM! There will be a cover charge of $5 or less, so keep that in mind. And yes, it is 19+ (Foggy Notions is a bar, remember?) This could be one of the band's last shows before they hit the studio to record their first full length album, so why not go, drink in the new Foggy Notions, and rock out! I know I will, if I can escape family holiday stuff for a few hours! Remember, click here for full details, I'll keep you all posted if I hear anything more!

That's all for now, I PROMISE THINGS WILL START GETTING BACK TO NORMAL BY TONIGHT! Can't fight with this slow computer any longer, I'll be home soon, and at Foggy's on Saturday, with (hopefully) a new camera in tow! Stay tuned, thanks everyone!

No comments: