Sunday, August 2, 2009

Lots Of News, And Add Us On YouTube!

I haven't heard a ton of news lately, but I've got enough for a new post today, so let's get right to it!

Local metal band Necropolis have apparently been added to the lineup for the Woods of Ypres concert on July 16th at The Speakeasy! Though no official announcement has been made by Woods themselves yet, Necropolis guitarist Dan Souliere mentioned that they were opening on a Facebook status update, with frontman Josh Stephney referring to it on a post on this show's event page too! Remember, this show will also feature out of town bands Inflict and The Womb! Tickets are $10 in advance, $15 at the door, with doors opening at 7:00 PM! It should be one hell of a concert, and I will definitely be there (with free CDs from the SMS Free CD Giveaway, FYI)

Next up, Marc Capancioni from The Sault Star wrote an article about Kiss' likely concert in Sault Ontario in the July 17th issue of the paper. Sorry about being so late to mention it, I don't get The Sault Star, so anything out of there is slower to hear. The article takes a closer look at the realities of a Kiss show here, including possible locations, ticket prices, as well as mentioning the benefits and his personal opinions! It's a good read, and raises some valid points, while remaining hopeful that Kiss will stick to their word and come here! Check it out at this location, and remember, dates for Kiss' fan routed tour come out at some point this month, so stay tuned for updates on that!

Alright, now I know I've mentioned on here that I am NOT creating an SMS Twitter account, but I know some of you guys use Twitter, so here's something. Woods of Ypres frontman David Gold does have a Twitter account, and in his latest tweet on Friday, he officially announced that recording for "Woods 4: The Green Album" is DONE! That had been ongoing throughout last week, primarily for vocals, bass, and finishing touches, with updates and such on Twitter and on Woods of Ypres' Facebook page! So now everything's done, we just have to wait for the album to be mastered and released! I guess Twitter does have some use after all (though I'm still not bringing the SMS there...yet.)

And finally, I should plug a project I've been keeping up for a few months now, getting everything as concise as I can. I started an official YouTube channel for The Sault Metal Scene a few months ago, and have taken to favouriting hundreds of local metal videos and adding them to playlists. I've found everything from major shows at The Essar Center to jam videos to concert clips from as early as 1988! I also have the videos in three separate playlists, which are easily findable there as well! I've been thinking of ways to integrate this more on the blog itself, like a random playlist widget or something, but for now, I have it in the Other Local Metal Links on the right of the page! Check it out, and if you're on YouTube, ADD US AS A FRIEND OR SUBSCRIBE TO US!!!

That's all for now, remember to check out Bad Side's interview with KLT in Traverse City tonight at 9:00! That's 97.5 or 98.9 if your radio can pick it up, and if not, listen online at this location! Stay tuned for more local metal news!

No comments: