Tuesday, October 20, 2009

LOCAL CONCERT ALERT (Frightlight), A New Local Band, And A Bad Side Update!

Well guys, the Halloween weekend just keeps getting better and better! Yet another LOCAL CONCERT ALERT to share tonight, so here's what you need to know (so far!)

I'd heard scattered news about this show for a while now, and I have enough information to finally share it with you guys! On Halloween night, Coch's Corner will get into the spirit of the season with a special Halloween concert! Headlining are a NEW local band named Frightlight, who feature former Fitswitch members J.D. Pearce, Rick White, and Larry Mousseau in their lineup! But don't call this a Fitswitch reunion, this is an entirely different band! Frightlight are a horror movie themed punk/metal band! I've heard the band will play just horror movie themes and originals based on horror movies! Plus, they're hyping "a crazy stage show, coffins, lights, smoke, all sorts of crap", which should be very interesting! (Source of that quote is located here.) Sounds really cool, hopefully they deliver! I just hope they aren't a seasonal band and will play shows past Halloween, I really wanna check them out!

Now that sounds intriguing already, but there's more! Also on the lineup: Local hard rock band Half Past, playing their first show since December (when they were still named Fingerbone!) It's been a long time coming, and it's great to see them back on stage! The Facebook event page also hypes a third band that hasn't been officially named yet. I heard it would be a glam metal band, but there's been no word other than that yet. Once I hear more, I'll let you guys know! As for show details, it will be at Coch's Corner Halloween night at 10:00 PM! Unlike most shows there, you will have to pay a $4 cover charge (trust me, it will be worth it!) Confirm your attendance on Facebook for what should be a scary good time! And I now have Frightlight in the local metal band links to your left!

You know something? This truly is one of the best metal concert weekends of the year! There's this major Halloween show, the return of Foggy Notions with Sense of Truth on the same night, Upheaval of an Exorcist's return to the Sault with Garden of Bedlam and many others on the Friday, plus Absolute, Nixxon Dixxon, and Shift playing two shows each over Halloween weekend in Sault Michigan! I just wish I would be in town to enjoy this great weekend of shows! What horrible timing for my Detroit trip! Ah well, hopefully I'll get to see all these bands real soon once I return! And you guys, make sure you all make it to at least one of these shows! Halloween weekend's gonna be flooded with metal awesomeness, don't try and avoid it!

Finally for tonight, just a quick update from Sault Michigan's own Bad Side! They're officially thanking their fans for their support over the past five years, as the band have recently reached their fifth anniversary! That's a nice gesture, and as a fan, you're quite welcome! You don't tend to hear local bands mention their personal anniversaries much, but when they do, they generally are very respectful to their fans for helping them succeed, which is awesome! The band have made up some pics thanking us, one you can see on the left, the other, you can check out on MySpace! Here's to another 5 years of rocking, I can't wait for the new album!

More news on the horizon in the next while, I'll keep you guys posted with any news and updates as I hear them! Thanks everyone!

No comments: