Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A New Woods Of Ypres Song, Kiss & Grady News, And SMS CD Review Updates!

It's official: October 2009 is now the busiest month in the 10 month history of this blog! This is the 14th official post in the last 13 days too! Lots of stuff to share, including a pile of news/information concerning Kiss' show here in December, and updates coming out of Sunday's Grady concert! But first, a new song from an upcoming album has been unveiled!

Woods of Ypres have officially unveiled another new song from their upcoming release, "Woods IV: The Green Album"! Entitled "Wet Leather", it's the fourth new song (to my knowledge) that's been posted online, and will be track 7 on the album! I'm detecting a Type O Negative influence in this song, and I'm not alone in thinking this! It's a very solid track, you can check it out immediately below! Thanks to Woods frontman David Gold for uploading it to YouTube!



Remember, there are THREE other songs from "Woods IV" online! Tracks 3 & 17 from the album can be heard in full on Stereo Soul Studios' official website, while "Everything I Touch Turns To Gold, Then To Coal" can be checked out in Part 1 of the "Gojira/Woods of Ypres" episode of The Governor's Ball, which you can download at this location! The song begins around 37 minutes in! I love what I've heard so far, I'm gonna send my pre-order out to David's place today!

Next up, it's back to discussing Kiss! We're not gonna be done with regular Kiss news and updates for a while, I fear. But hey, there's some interesting stuff to share! Remember how I said that The Sault Star had some Kiss articles coming? Well, I'd have had these for you sooner, but their "server was too busy" the last couple days. No matter, I have them for you guys now!

And first, here's a hypothetical idea to run by you all: What if there was a giant video wall in the parking lot of The Essar Center to broadcast the Kiss concert live to people without tickets? Essar Center events manager Trevor Zachary is interested in doing just that! Now this is all preliminary, nothing is set (or even proven to be feasible), but they're checking to see the logistics of having a big screen Kiss concert simulcast! Zachary was quoted as saying that they were "going to try to exhaust all angles to try and get everyone to take advantage of this show". What say you guys? I say it's no substitute for the real live concert experience, but it'd be cool seeing them on a big screen! Check out Brian Kelly's Sault Star article on this very subject at this location!

Meanwhile, distaste over the Kiss tickets selling out hasn't entirely went away. But maybe this will put things in more perspective, so you don't blame The Essar Center. 400 tickets were pre-sold by Rock 101. Eventful had 1,000 tickets on pre-sale for people who demanded that Kiss come here. Kiss had 1,500 tickets reserved for members of the Kiss Army. More seats yet are reserved for people who pay for the premium/VIP packages. AEG Live (Kiss' concert promoter) are the ones responsible for where Kiss ticket priorities lie, The Essar Center screwed no one. Besides, they say not to give up, for more tickets may be released! In another article from The Sault Star's Brian Kelly, more tips for Kiss fans to get tickets have been suggested. For example, premium/VIP seats not bought may be released to the general public, more side stage seats may be opened up, and The Essar Center are trying to bring Kiss back for a second show! Check out the full article on this info at this location!

Also, here's some more assorted Kiss stories. Frank Rupnik from The Sault Star posted an editorial piece about finding a better way to sell Kiss tickets. Worth a read, he has some good ideas, check it out here! Also, and I apologize for the outdatedness of these articles (again, I don't get the paper), three articles concerning the anticipation for the show and ticket sales can be checked out here (dated October 9-17th.) They're outdated because they mostly talk about the ticket sales that already happened, but they're still worth reading! And finally, if you're gonna complain about Kiss tickets not being available, at least Mayor John Rowswell is on your side! City councillors are reserved two tickets each for every major concert at The Essar Center, but Rowswell knows that this show is in high demand, so he's asking councillors to buy tickets instead through normal means, and return reserved tickets to help demand for the concert. Something tells me Susan Myers would be more than happy to give back her reserved tickets! Check out SooToday's Carol Martin's article on this topic right here!

Speaking of SooToday, Donna Hopper's review and photo album from Sunday's Grady/Domenica concert at The Canadian Nightclub has been posted online! 26 high quality photos have been posted as well, and as I predicted, they're easily better than mine! Great shots! Review's good too, more in-depth than some of Donna's past reviews, it's a good read! Check all of it out at this location!

And finally for today, just some CD review updates for the SMS. I am now the proud owner of Clownsack's debut album, "Rotten Candy"! I got it in the mail yesterday, though it curiously came with no jewel case, yet it had all proper labels and inserts. I plan on making it my next Sault Michigan album review, I'm just not sure when it will be. As well, I'm close to completing my local album wishlist! I found a place online to order As It Stands' EP "Kill The Music, Save The Children"! I ordered it, here's hoping that drummer John Mignacca actually sends it out! Also, I contacted Infrastrate frontman Joe Paciocco about getting a copy of "Phase I: Commencement", he's gonna look into getting it sent out! Fingers crossed that I get both albums!

As for this month's review, here's where that stands: Thursday I'm reserving for this weekend's local concert previews, no room for a review. I'll be out of town Friday and Saturday, so my review will be tomorrow! But what album? I don't believe I'll have a copy of either "Never Enough" by Stillbroke or "22" by Sykotyk Rampage" by tomorrow, so here's what I'm gonna do: Stillbroke will be November, as soon as my copy arrives. "Woods IV: The Green Album" will be as soon into December as I feasibly can, and Sykotyk Rampage will be as soon as I can slot it in. I'm not rushing two reviews into a month, that's overkill. So what am I reviewing tomorrow? Let's just say we'll be 12 steps closer to 6 feet under. You fill in the blanks!

That's all for today, CD review tomorrow, local concert previews Thursday, and you better hit the concerts Friday and Saturday! Have a good day, everyone!

No comments: