Saturday, October 24, 2009

LOCAL CONCERT ALERT (Sense Of Truth), A New Local Band, And Kiss Ticket News!

I've been updating the SMS a lot lately, haven't I? This is actually the 11th post I've made in the last 10 days! Lots of news this month, what can I say? Well, hope you guys are having a good weekend so far! Here's yet another LOCAL CONCERT ALERT!!!

Yesterday, I reported that the Sense of Truth concert planned for Halloween at Foggy Notions was cancelled. Well, it didn't take the band long to rebound from that setback! The show must go on, and it will just be moved down the street to Top Hat Billiards! Other than that, this concert is very much the same as the original one! Rage Against The Machine tribute band Renegades (formerly known as Dysfunkshunal Kemistry) will still be supporting Sense of Truth, and this show will take place Halloween night at 10:30 PM! Well, I gotta say, that was quick to reschedule the show, and I wonder how Top Hat will work as a concert venue? I'm not familiar with too many concerts there in general, we'll have to see! Remember guys, you have this show and Frightlight at Coch's Corner to choose from on Halloween, hopefully both will attract great crowds! For more details, and to confirm your attendance, visit the official Facebook event page!

Also, I've placed Top Hat Billiards in the Sault Ontario Concert Venue Info section on the left. I also have temporarily removed Foggy Notions because they won't be open in the next week, but once metal shows are booked there, it'll return!

Next up, I have discovered another local band to share with you guys! They are Weed, a stoner metal band (the name was a giveaway) fronted by In Memorandum/ex-I.S.O.M. frontman Orb Hearthstone! Shift's Tony Rogers is the band's bassist, though I'm not sure who the guitarist is. Orb also handles drumming, a position he also filled in Clownsack and local blues rock band Chord On Bluz! Not a lot bio-wise to speak of on the page, sadly, though marijuana references are in abundance. The band were formed around July 2007, though their MySpace page hasn't been updated since July of this year. Music sounds great, heavy and catchy, and well performed! Orb's a great singer, all his bands are of high quality! I recommend checking these guys out, which you can do at this location!

And finally, let's play a game. Try and guess how fast Kiss tickets sold out this morning. If you said anywhere from 6-8 minutes, you're right! SooToday's Donna Hopper has reported that tickets were wiped out this morning in just 6 minutes, while The Sault Star says they went in 8. Either way, that's insane, though not unexpected! There were apparently 20 people in line at The Essar Center box office at 7:00 this morning, and by 10:06 AM, 25 people had to be turned away because all the tickets reserved for box office sales were already gone! Presales and online/phone tickets also went in a matter of minutes. Read SooToday's article on the Kiss tickets at this location! The Sault Star are also planning a more extensive article on this (including fan interviews) later this weekend, but read their first stuff about the Kiss ticket sale right here! And thanks to me being awake and acting quickly, my ticket's ordered and in the mail! I'll be there, and I'll hope to see you guys there too!

That's all for today, will the consectutive days with posts streak continue tomorrow? Maybe, we'll see! But if nothing else, expect my Grady concert review on Monday! Hope to see you guys at The Canadian Nightclub tomorrow night! Thanks everyone!

No comments: